ONE SERVING IS under 150 calories! Plus the protein, veggie, fiber combo in this super-quick veggie frittata will actually leave you satisfied. So since it’s farmers’ market season, why not?
Grocery list: 1 onion, 1 garlic head, 6 eggs, soy milk, Pamasean cheese, oregano, salt, pepper, 1 red pepper, broccoli florets, 1 zucchini, sundried tomatoes, olive oil
For 6 servings:
- Preheat the oven to 375 F.
- Dice an onion, mince one clove of garlic.
- In a large bowl whisk 6 eggs, add 2 tablespoons of soy milk and 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon of oregano or thyme, 1/4 teaspoon of salt and a pinch of pepper.
- Whisk the concoction and set aside.
- Shred 1 zucchini. Cut one red peeper into long strips. Mince half a cup of broccoli florets.
- In a skillet, sautee 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- For four minutes, sautee the small diced onion and 1 clove of minced garlic from step 2.
- Add the ingredients from step 6.
- Add 1/3 cup of sun dried tomatoes.
- Let this cook for 3 more minutes, bring to low heat.
- Now take the egg mixture and pour it over the veggies. Cook for 6 minutes (let it set!)
- Transfer the skillet to the oven and let it bake for 13 minutes.